If you choose to work with a different registrar and need to transfer your registration away from Hosting Nation, the only action you will need to take is to remove the registrar lock from your domain name. OR obtain the authorization key (for EPP domains). The TLD determines which process to use.
This is different than changing your nameservers, or "transferring your domain to your hosting company." Please see DNS and Nameservers section for assistance with this.
Below are the steps to follow to remove the lock from your domain name to enable it to be transferred away from Domains With Us.
- Login to your Hosting Nation account
- Go to Manage Domains
- Click on the "M" button under the domain.
- Click on the Contact Information
- Verify the Registrant information is correct, especially the email information.
- Uncheck the Domain Locking box.
If the domain is with an EPP registry (.com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .cn and .us) there may not be a lock, but you need an authorization key. This is found by going into the domain control panel:
Login to your Domains With Us account
Choose menu option Domain Management
Click on the domain name you wish to work with
Click on the 'm' button domain name you wish to work with
Click on the Contact Information
At the very top is a link to email the "authorization key". It may take 8 hours to receive this email.
Transfer restrictions and additional information
- A domain name must be at least 60 days old before the registry will allow it to be transferred between registrars. Once the lock is removed and the name is past the 60 day holding period, you will be able to enter a transfer request with your new registrar.
- Due to a registry restriction (not Domains With Us or any other registrar, but the global registry), if a domain is renewed and then transferred to another registrar within the first 45 days of renewal, the domain will not have an additional year added to the expiration date.
Please sign in to leave a comment.