There is a 200 hourly outgoing email limit per domain. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with a undeliverable error. Our servers regularly monitor the emails sent through all email accounts on your domain, and if, over the past hour, more than 80% of the attempted deliveries have failed, outbound email will temporarily be limited.
Many of our servers have a 60 POP3 checks per hour limit per email account. If you go over this you’re likely to get a wrong password error message saying login incorrect. If this occurs, please wait an hour and it will automatically unblock you. To prevent this from happening again, please make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as once every 10 minutes.
Mailing Lists Rules
- Any mailing list larger than 5000 will require a dedicated hosting solution from us or, in special cases, our requested consent. Note: dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
- Anytime you’re sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to no faster than sending 1 email every 6 seconds.
- If the mailing list software you’re using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to something else that has that capability.
- You are not allowed to mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased. No matter how it was sold to you, They never agreed to you personally sending them mail, and will not be tolerated. Sending spam will result in the immediate suspension of your hosting account account until the mailing list is removed or replaced.
- Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in suspension of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail.
- Any mailing list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the Anti-Spam act in Canada (CASL).
- No Direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this is DarkMailer.
- Any mail should be relayed through the local MTA (localhost:25) for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.
- The e-mail addresses of new subscribers must be confirmed or verified before mailings commence. This is usually accomplished by means of an e-mail message sent to the subscriber to which he must reply, or containing a URL which he must visit, in order to complete the subscription. However it is implemented, a fundamental requirement of all lists is the verification of all new subscriptions.
- All mail originating from your mailing lists must contain instructions for subscribers to remove themselves from the list. The mechanism you employ to handle such opt-out or removal requests must expeditiously process removal requests.
- You retain evidence of each recipient’s consent in a form that can be promptly produced on request, and you honour the recipient’s and Hosting Nation’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
Hosting Nation reserves the right to alter its Mailing Policy at any time and without notice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.